Melissa's practice focuses on criminal defense in a wide array or misdemeanor and minor felony cases. She particularly enjoys researching into obscure issues of law to become intimately familiar with the specific statutes and caseslaw applicable to her clients' cases.
She is a member of the State Bar of California, the San Joaquin County Bar Association, and the American Inns of Court. Within the County Bar, Melissa serves on the executive committees for the Young Lawyers' and Women Lawyers' Sections. She also volunteers to teach civics to fifth graders thought the First Impressions program, and is working with girls and young women in local migrant encampments through the Just The Girls program.
Melissa has lifelong desire to help others, whether it be through her legal work or volunteering, she believes that everyone should be treated with respect and dignity.
- State Bar of California, Member
- San Joaquin County Bar Association, Governor
- American Inns of Court, Member
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Animal Bites
- Wrongful Death
- Humphreys College, Stockton, California
- Juris Doctorate
- California State University, Sacramento, California
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration
- Major: Finance
- Minor: Economics
- Just the Kids, 2019 to Present
- First Impressions, 2018 to Present
- Office of the County Counsel, Intern
- San Joaquin Collaborative Courts, Intern
What Clients Say About Melissa
“Thank you again for the wonderful work and news yesterday. Adequate words to describe my appreciation escape me.”
“Thank you so much for everything! You didn’t stop fighting and helped me get closer to my goal. You are truly a great person. I was blessed to have you here with me. Praying the rest of your year is full of blessings and excitement. You are great! Keep up the work. Thank you from me and the kids. One step closer!”