In Your Defense When Criminal Charges Loom
A criminal matter differs from a civil litigation matter in terms of potential consequences. Namely, if you are convicted of a crime, you may go to jail and have a criminal record afterward. Depending on the type and level of criminal offense that is involved, you may lose privileges even after your penalty phase is over. For example, you may be banned from owning firearms, working with children, driving a bus or truck as an occupation, or living wherever you want without registering with local law enforcement.
Because of the seriousness of a criminal case, it is important to get legal counsel from experienced, respected trial attorneys as soon as possible. Protect yourself legally by not submitting to detailed questioning by the police before you have legal counsel. VS Trial Lawyers is the team you want to have on your side. If we represent you after a driving under the influence (DUI) arrest in Stockton, Hayward or elsewhere, we will aim to help you stay out of jail and preserve your driving privileges while we prepare your criminal defense case.
Types Of Crimes And Ways Of Defense
Our defense attorneys work as a team to help clients obtain favorable outcomes after being arrested or investigated on suspicion of:
- Driving or boating under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI or BUI)
- Vehicular homicide after your involvement in an auto accident that resulted in a fatality after you had been drinking, even if your driving behaviors did not cause the crash
- Shoplifting, robbery, or theft through white collar crimes like forgery and fraud
- Domestic violence, assault and battery, or sexual assault
- Kidnapping, false imprisonment or weapons violations
- Disturbing the peace
This list is just a sample of the types of crimes that we handle. Our strategies of defense include holding law enforcement agents’ and prosecutors’ arguments to the fire in search of holes such as witnesses’ lack of credibility or a lack of solid evidence. We often persuade prosecutors to defer our clients’ cases, giving them time to complete substance abuse therapy or anger management training in lieu of facing criminal penalties. Every case is unique and offers its own opportunities for a favorable defense.
Contact Us To Begin Your Defense
Our law firm is well known for personal injury and wrongful death cases. While the courts and stakes are different in criminal versus civil cases, we apply many of the same methods and skills to criminal cases that we do to civil claims, namely:
- Detailed investigations
- A team approach
- Fierce advocacy for our clients
- Persuasive presentations of our clients’ arguments
- A determination to achieve outcomes that protect our clients’ rights and interests